For example, the updated guidelines do not allow us to conduct whole school assemblies at this point. Additionally, schools are required to manage all visitor access to our site to facilitate contact tracing and ensure that parents and guardians do not congregate at the entry and exit points of our school.
Given that there are thirteen days left in the 2020 school year and the independence which has been shown by our students, we have decided to continue with our current practices until the end of the 2020 school year.
In practical terms, this means that:
- Staggered dismissal times will continue until the end of the school year.
- The current designated parking area system will still operate.
- Site access to visitors will continue to be restricted.
The Department of Education has developed special guidelines for Year 6 Graduations and State-wide Transition Days. Under these guidelines, we will be able to:
- Allow the parents of Foundation 2021 students on site.
- Allow the parents and guardians of our Year 6 students to attend the Grade 6 graduation.
I understand that 2020 has been an incredibly challenging year for our community, however, I am incredibly proud of how our students, staff and parents have adapted to our new routines. Our students have shown tremendous independence and our leadership staff have enjoyed having the opportunity to welcome every child at our school gates each morning. Wishing everyone a positive end to the 2020 school year.